Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Birthday Blessings Made from Left-Behind Pieces


Hello all!

For today's card, I went through my Heartfelt Creations stash of "leftovers" -- pieces and parts that I started out using but somehow they never materialized into a card or project.  Let me just confess right now that I have a "lot" of left-behind pieces to work with LOL!!




Hiding in my piles were quite a few Majestic Morning die cuts.  My at-the-time, all-time favorite (before all the new all-time-favorites followed!).  Since some were already colored a rich purple, I decided to pair them with the Italiana Riviera collection because the beautiful papers featured purples, grapevines, wine and such. 





I shaped and assembled as many flowers as I had die cuts, and colored  them with Viva Decor Violet 3-D Stamp Paint.  Then I selected a card panel with a vineyard scene from the paper collection.  I decided it "must" also have some sort of  pavilion surrounding the landscape scene and went with two of the Raindrops on Roses die cuts.  All edges were aged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.




It was quite satisfying (and fun!) to actually use up the pieces I had said I'd save for "another time"! Take a look at your stash and see what you come up with!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out the Heartfelt Creations blog where this card (with all the details), along with many more gorgeous samples from the DT are posted!

Have a blessed week!
Anne

5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

My goodness how lovely Anne! What a pretty view into your villa through the flowers and trellis! off to check your full post! Julia xx

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful!

SussiPoppins said...

What can I say....wow! hugs

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

OMG...this is just gorgeous!