Friday, August 22, 2014

Red Red Roses



Happy Friday Everyone!

Here's a couple of cards that I made this week.  I was attempting to participate in a Challenge and got totally off the topic and ended up with these two cards instead!  But, I did have fun making them so I am going to post them any ways! 



Both of the cards feature roses I created using Spellbinder's "Rose Creations" die set. I die cut the pieces from some Recollections Value Pack red card stock.  This lighter weight paper is easier to use than 80# CS when shaping flowers, so whenever I can, I try to use this paper weight for my flowers. The swirly leaves are stamped and die cut using Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose die and the coordinating Bella Rose pre-cut stamp.





To create the flowers, I sprayed my die cut rose petals with a little water and used my flower shaping tools to roll the petals.  When they were dry, I glued the layers together to form them into roses.  I sponged Walnut Brown Viva Stamp Paint on the rose petals to highlight their dimension.






To finish the cards, I attached the roses and leaves onto background panels that I had prepared using  Tim Holtz EFs and some distress inks.  As a finishing touch to the roses, I edged the rose petals with "Mercury Glass" Stickles.


Thanks for visiting everyone!  I'm so glad you stopped by!

2 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Both of these are stunning! Love the deep red color of the rose and the glittery edges.

Julia Aston said...

Gorgeous roses Anne! thanks for the hints - lighter paper and spray with water - I need to take some time and try making these! Your cards are beautiful!